Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksado

I didn't realize how much I'd miss Thanksgiving (usually one of my most dismissable holidays); I really want to be with the babe, though, and eating M&Ms and chatting with my fam and maybe even wearing a sweater. On the bright side, I'm working tomorrow (8 hours serving a Thanksgiving dinner at an American bar; I get to keep tips and have yet to find a job teaching, so I'll take what I can get) and then we're having a Thanksado! Garlic bread, mashed potatoes, and carne carne carne (polvo, or turkey, is scarce here, but beef is plentiful) -- a less traditional holiday meal (especially since it's humid as hell and supposed to be 85 degrees tomorrow) complimented by oh-so-traditional Malbec. I might go to the kiosko and buy some M&Ms for myself, too.

This is actually asado number three of the week, we had one Tuesday, and didn't finish the meat so had another tonight. I really think it may do me in. I'm going to be 10 pounds heavier and 15 years closer to my first heart attack by the end of this week. I give thanks that I am living all my meat-eating dreams.

Thanksado pics on Friday? Hopefully a positive job update?

No comments:

Post a Comment