Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Argentina

How does Buenos Aires celebrate Christmas? By putting fireworks into the hands of its 8-year-olds. At midnight on Christmas Eve, the city sounds like it has come under siege. This continued all of Christmas day and the day after (til the kids run out of fireworks, I suppose).

My Christmas was... hot. It was about 90 degrees Christmas Eve and Day. I went out to dinner Christmas Eve (and since the Argentines celebrate then, saw hundreds of adults/families walking the streets with plates of food. Everybody was carrying plates of food) and stayed in Christmas Day with a group of 10, eating and drinking and watching movies. Not Christmas movies (on 60 channels we could not find one because really why would you want to show those on Christmas right). Jumper and Corpse Bride. So yeah it was a pretty epic holiday. And if anyone wants to tell me why Samuel L Jackson and Diane Lane signed onto Jumper, I'm listening. Diane Lane didn't even do anything! And Kristen Stewart as the shy half-sister that didn't need to be there!

Anyway, Merry belated Christmas y'all. Enjoy yr feet and feet of snow and pray that my aircon starts working soon.

I made sugar cookies! Mom, look!

9 de Julio, biggest street in the city, deserted on Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment