Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The ironic thing about blogs

is that when you´re in the middle of the action, it´s the very hardest to keep up. Here I am in El Chalten, Argentina, having hiked 46 kilometers in the past 48 hours and about to walk on a glacier in the morning, heading after that to the end of the world on a 13 hour bus ride that will seem like nothing compared to the 30-hour one I completed Monday morning, and I CAN´T WRITE ANYTHING or upload any photos because there´s a line three-deep to use this slow, sticky hostel computer. If you´re wondering, El Chalten, Argentina is absolutely enchanting and hiking to a summet paralleling FitzRoy is so so hard. El Calafate has yet to win my heart (as all I´ve done here so far is spend money on excursions and bus tickets), but I think the trip to Perito Moreno Glacier tomorrow will more than make up for that... expect a new profile photo as soon as I get back to BsAs (for only three days, before I move to the RdJ, BR! but that´s for another post).

The point of this all, dear reader, is that Patagonia is bomb, and when I have so much time and free internet access to recount everything that´s happened I will prove why having a blog is worth it. PROMISE. So stay tuned; it´s gonna get GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment