Monday, March 1, 2010

Big News Bears

HI so I arrived to Buenos Aires last night at 2am from a journey down the eastern side of Argentina through the Lake District, Patagonia, and Tierra del Fuego in what was probably the most incredible trip I have ever taken. Twelve days of travel (3.5 spent on busses, I kid you not) is a lot to process, so this week I'm taking time to unpack, load pictures, catch up on the internet, and consider another small piece of information, the fact that I'm moving to Rio de Janeiro on Friday.

I know, right? Seems sudden, but I've been thinking about it for a few months now. I have really enjoyed the people I've met in Argentina, and have done some baaaaaller traveling, but as much as I love the ice cream and as comfortable as I'm getting with Castellano, I want to take advantage of the rest of this post-grad gap year to go back to the beach. The plan is to find work teaching, relearn Portuguese, drink acai, and get tan tan tan until June-ish, then travel through Brazil with my good friend Nate (potentially on the AMAZON? let's work on that snake fear first maybe) to La Paz, Bolivia, past Macchu Picchu in Peru, up through Ecuador into Colombia before flying home from Bogota. If any of that sounds remotely interesting to you, come join me. Like, actually, let's talk.

In the meantime, here are some teaser photos from Patagonz. Detailed posts to come (duh) as I take packing breaks this week.







Now to catch up on LOST...

1 comment: