Monday, May 31, 2010

Channeling TLC

After a combined total of nine months in Argentina and Brazil, I finally made it to Iguazu Falls, the lil´(and by lil´I mean overwhelming) natural wonder that straddles the two countries. In the most expensive visa renewal that ever was, my ma and I flew from Rio to spend one day in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil and one in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. While most people describe their Falls trips as ´sweltering,´´sunny,´and ´full of butterflies,´mine was none of the three, reaching a high of 54 and loaded instead with weird-ass coatimundis. Still, the clouds made it more dramatic, and I´m definitely glad I went (also because I stocked up on Frutigran and gulped down some Malbec and ice cream. My mom asked whether I was more excited for the waterfalls or the Argentine snacks. Not wanting to lie, I said nothing.)

Tomorrow, onto Salvador! Right now, pix (and vid!):

Brazil

Brazil

Surprise haircut! Surprise weird skin tone here!

Argentina.

Argentina.

GARGANTA DEL DIABLO, the climax, Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment