Tuesday, June 22, 2010

WORLD CUP

Dear 18 and 14 year old selves, you don´t know what you were missing by being completely ignorant about this sporting event. It´s SO FUN.

Can we talk about how the US should have won that last game?
Or the hottest hottie from Paraguay, Roque Santa Cruz?

Or the complete bull-shittiness of this call?
Or this Shakira song that made me cry today? (@ Stephen)

Surriously though Brazil is OBSESSED and it´s been hard not to join in. It´ll be sad to leave a country that has a team playing (Bolivz/Peru/Ecuador/Colombia nope) but I´m confident that I can continue the 24/7 WC coverage. It´s still South America, after all.

PIX from the Pantanal coming as soon as I have access to both a computer and my cam cord. Heads up: SO MANY CROCODILES!

2 comments:

  1. This summer I want to be listening to Shakira while hugging you with tears in my eyes. Can that move from dream to reality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I overhead this guy in La Terraza (remember the sweet/only café by my house?) talking about the WC (World Cup, not water closet). He mentioned Roque and immediately I felt qualified to join in. Apparently being attracted to players isn´t sufficient qualification to talk about them? When did this start?

    ReplyDelete