Monday, January 4, 2010

Things I forgot to write about part 1: POLO

Umm over a month ago now I went to a polo match. Polo's huge among Argentina's elite, and the primary p Polo Ralph Lauren model is an Argentine player named Nacho. Nacho is his first name. As mentioned in the Mendozz (part 3) post I'm terrified of/terrible at riding horses, so obvi I was fascinated by these people who managed to swing mallets and sprint toward goals while doing so. I learned polo is played in eight seven-minute periods, or chukkas (no really, chukkas) and that they switch the horses every so often but never the four players on the field. These guys are literally in a squatting position for an hour and a half. I learned also that when you don't understand the game, it's easy to get bored after about four chukkas. Luckily everybody I know went (tix were about $5 because it was only the first round of playoffs, later I think they're closer to $100 or $200) and dressed up and it was a day, Argentina-style.

An important play is happening (/about to happen?)

Fancy schmance for the match

A good thing to do when you lose focus at a polo match is to take macro mode photos of the free bag and informational book the models give you before the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment